Saturday, April 25, 2009

its all LAN's fault.

Everything is because of LAN.

First of all, I admit that I’m the kind of guy who cares family very much. I might sounds very disobedience in family, but I always love my parents and my siblings.

Story starts like this, during the LAN class in the morning, there was a statement in history that Portuguese had taken Melaka for 130 years, which is around 2 generation. (A generation is 75 years).

So, I started to have something in my mind. I’m already 25 this year; I still left 50 years on earth. Then, I start realizing that not everyone will accompany me for the next 50 years, especially my beloved parents.(studies shows that average of human life is around 72 years.)

Both of them are around 55 this year. Theoretically they have another 25 to 30 years time with me on earth. I can’t imagine what I will feel at that moment when they leave me. 30 years sound long but it actually runs very fast.

During the class, I start calculating, if I manage to complete my study in 2 year, I have to work for government for another 5 years, and then prepare to have my own family. At least 15 years of time I need to prepare myself for the next phase of my life. How much time I left for my mum and my dad? If accidentally they suffer from amnesia, how much more happy moment can we recollect?

I start to leave my family since 2005 for my studies. I have not stay in my home for more than 2 months for the past 4 years. This year even less...

When I was young, I always wished to go out from home, staying alone outside. I still remember the night before I left my home, my mum come to my bedside and talked to me in a very soft voice, “What u wish all the while has came true, right? Remember, when you start leaving home, this house will only become a hotel for you. You might not have chance to stay longer here.”

Mother F***er, I almost cried out during that time but I hold… I want to say,” At this moment, I wish to stay here,i don't want to go anywhere.”

After five years, how I wish I could go back home spending time with my family. When I see my friends going back home every weekend, how I wish I could do the same thing. It is not fun to stay away from family.

When I have time for my family, they might don’t have it for me.

Every time when I look at my mum, the wrinkles become more and deeper. Especially in the past 5 years.

I always pray so that God always protect my parents, provide them healthy life, so that we can spend more time together.

Just want to conclude here by telling that,” mum, dad! I love you! I will study hard and never let you down.”


patience

for all the mother

9 comments:

Inn Shan said...

i share ur sentiment.
its sumwat a deep subconscious fear in al of us...

Abby Choke. said...

need not to worry for those that are way ahead of us, this is life. cherish and appreciate the present thats what we can do best!

Vincent said...

i'm not worry.. i know we will see each other again somewhere in the future... just i think i will miss them very much...

~jaSsyMan~ said...

wow, didn't know that you're so sentimental and being a mean son to your parents, too! :P ah... herm, guess it depends on what perspective you're perceiving the matter/situation. Some people leave home and return. Some people leave home but still stay very close to their family, through constant contact, trust, believe, care and love in their hearts towards each others. Of course, it is a bonus if one can stay close forever with the loved ones. LOVE is not perceived through seeing only, which most of the time might not be true. If the LOVE is real and true, it stands through fire/trial/tribulation. Being able to communicate and show your love from afar would mean a lot to your parents, too. Remember, sometimes, it is not the quantity but the quality of time counts :)

-aLLYSa- said...

Very well-written,Vincent :) It makes me miss my family a lot too. I guess we all are same, leaving our family for the sake of pursuing education. I've left 4yrs ago too..and though as much as I yearn to be back home, some part of me hesitated as what will be the future holds for me shud i decide to go back to hometown. Life's like that, we can never have both. It's just the matter of choice, and what we want to achieve in life.

Thank you for writing such a beautiful post. It somehow made me realized that my decision to go back Miri for my internship was the right decision :) At least I get to spend a few mths time with my family :)

I think one day you'll make your parents proud of having a son like you :) God bless you and your family :)

Rgds,
Allysa

alice8708 said...

wow..a touching one

Anonymous said...

美安的管理员回复:

看到 vincent 弟兄能以年岁的计算来表达珍惜他对双亲的相处时间以及爱怀。时下的青年人很少会去思考这个问题,管主会同理心因为官主年少的时候就失去了母爱,也常常自责为何不好好珍惜与母亲相处的时间。

管理员开始有点不明你的LAN 所指的意思是什么,因为岗位不同,阅收也有不同,我们IT世界的LAN 是代表 local area networking ,你医学界的 LAN 是否指的是 long age之类的东西,在读下去才知你是在往年岁的方面去思考。

与父母亲的关怀练习还有许多管道,非人不在家就不能附上孝道,管理员也不加以多讲,免得你投诉我废话多,只是能肯定的是好好读书毕业工作,活出荣神益人就是一个足以使他们喜悦。

最近崇拜好后,都有与你的父亲闲谈,父亲的身体一切都安好,脚岁然走路还是有一点吃力,不过还是很坚强,父子俩简直是同样的一个个性,不屈不挠。 加油。

Vincent said...

LAN is an accreditation done by government. all the uni and college uni students must pass ths subject in order to get a cert from an uni....

William said...

I like what you say. I think your parents would be very happy! God bless!