Friday, January 15, 2010

temasik trip (3)

The last day of my 3 days Temasik trip, we were a bit lazy after the long walk on Sentosa Island.

After packing, we were wondering where we should go before we drag ourselves back to JB. So, here comes our plan, first Explanade, then Orchard Road, do some shopping, that’s it! Lol

Explanade, what is it famous of? Answer is The Merlion.

In hong kong, the landmark is the Vitoria Port. For Malaysia, we have twin tower. In china, we must go great wall. In Singapore, this is the creature you must visit before you leave this country.

esplanade, singapore

explanade

Merlion, it is situated at Explanade, the commercial centre of Singapore. Merlion is surrounded by tall buildings and throughout the whole year, looking at the Singapore Flyer in front, with a durian building accompany her, Singapore Opera Theater, on her left side.

merelion, singapore

merlion

merkeston

the durian building

river cruise singapore

rivercruise

i did some photo shooting here on the couple


keston and ton lei3

there was some event at Esplanade during the Christmas Eve. there were lots of wishing ball from the people hoping their wish will come true in the new year. these ball were lighted during the night, but i did not have chance to come here at night during the trip.

by the way,i also throw my wish in one the ball, i wish......

wishing balls

Next station, Orchard Road.

Once I stepped on Orchard, the big big Channel advertisement really takes my mood away. In my mind, I was thinking, now I have limited cash with me, I have nothing to buy. And, why am I here? I thought there is something interesting along the street. What my eyes can tell me is, it is just two long streets with lots of branded stuff which I am not interested at the moment. I don’t even bother to take out my camera for any scenery capturing!

Keston told me, if you didn’t go Orchard Road, it means you’re never been to Singapore. So, let me feel the air of Orchard, I headed into a mall! Ya, I admit, if I am rich with sufficient cash, this is a perfect place for me to camp! I saw the entire legend brand here, and they even have one whole building for Rolex!

I don’t know what other people did here. I spent only 30 minutes. Within the 30 minutes, I kept on telling myself, one day, I shall come back, and it won’t be a problem for me to purchase things here. A good motivation from Orchard! Be a good doctor, earn sufficiently to travel!

Keston can look through my lonely heart on Orchard! He later suggested going other place. I grab the chance to go back Harbor Front, for………… DOUlOS!

I have missed this ship for several times! And finally, I am walking on her deck before she stops sailing. Perhaps, this is the last year for her to sail across any ocean. And Singapore is one of her last few stop before she turns into legend.

It was free entrance; I was greeted by the volunteers from different nation. Inside the ship, the volunteers were happily explaining their experience to the people, and also introduce things they used during sailing. Some of the volunteers also introduce their own culture to the people through some art work. There is a bookshop at the topmost deck. I bought a biography of Doulos and a postcard.

few photos on Harbor Front.

harbour front, singapore

christmas tree at harbour front

keston! this photo was taken the night when we came back from sentosa island.

So, the journey comes to an end… sitting in a bus, heading back to Malaysia.

Feeling so nice, when I can buy things in Ringgit.

Thanks to Torng Lei’s auntie for the accommodation.

I will come back again for another trip, there are still some places I want to explore.



i will miss you doulos, thank you


12 comments:

.: babelearner :. said...

what makes you love doulos so much?

Vincent said...

she is a mission ship. carrying love around the world.. she is carrying god's love to every single nation she stop at.

.: babelearner :. said...

i tot it is a ship that carries books from around the world? went once where she stops at klang port years ago though

Vincent said...

ya, but that is just one of their purpose.

.: babelearner :. said...

one of their purpose? mind to tell me what is the other purpose(s) besides carrying books?

Vincent said...

haha... we call her gospel ship. cos, the ship is functioning under church organisation. but they do not only do things for church. but helping the whole world. when they port at certain place, they will help up the people there. main purpose is to do charity. do u know , all the volunteers are paying to work on the ship?

.: babelearner :. said...

0.0 really duno the ship is functioning under the church...ya, i heard that the volunteers work for free...that is why they are called volunteers ma :D

Vincent said...

haha... but this ship is still doing charity. they are not affected by any christian organization. so, dun ignore this ship

.: babelearner :. said...

tot it gonna stop operating and rest dy?

Vincent said...

this year is the last year

Anonymous said...

tot when i last visit, it is the last year...haha...

Hazai said...

A survey conducted by the ship's classification society RINA found that there were numerous significant problems and works with the ship's machinery, structure, and systems that would need to be completed by December 31, 2009 in order for the ship's certificates to be re-issued and the ship to continue sailing. Because the shipyard servicing the Doulos would not accept the ship for repairs until September 2010 and the cost of the work would be a total in excess of 10 million euros, and the limited ministry that the MV Doulos would have after the repairs, OM has decided to end Doulos Ministry by the end of 2009, instead of 2010 as originally though

Gosh.. I just knew that!